Post 13 – May 8th

What we’ve done This past week was all about the affinity diagram and some early concept building. We were able to finish our affinity diagram, composed of 840 white sticky notes (approx.), 152 lower level pink sticky notes, 40 second level orange sticky notes and 13 top level yellow ones. All this came out directly from 25 interviews and also considering our 44 survey responses from both Ugandans and diaspora members. We had a very productive meeting with Chris where we decided to keep going in the path we took (concept building using our affinity as the main reference) and he seemed satisfied with our first concept approaches. We also gave a dry run presentation to Simone, Evan and more M-ITI faculty members. We got very good feedback and many things to consider/fix for the final presentation. Some of these very important aspects were: – Our whole presentation narrative: One or two members presenting, not all of us. – Our presentation visual design: Changing the whole template for a more professional one. – Our presentation order: Changing the order of the slides so they make more sense altogether. – Presenting our client to the audience: We have to be more thorough in this aspect. – Visuals for our research: Fixing the circles diagram, spending less time on the affinity diagram insights (no video unless it’s used as background for something else) and showing some more about the concepts. Obstacles/What’s Next Making sure sure to have these issues fixed by the final rehearsal presentation and take our travel decisions for the fall so we can start coordinating...